As we near the completion of the Pikes Peak Summit Complex, which includes the new Pikes Peak Visitor Center, we had a chance to reflect on the incredible and challenging year that was 2020.Here’s what we’re looking forward to in the last couple of months leading up to the exciting grand opening!
• Completion of the robust shutter system that will protect the glass, and the amazing views, from windborne debris
• Startup of the innovative on-site waste treatment plant
• Placement of east overlook plaque commemorating Katharine Lee Bates’ writing of America the Beautiful poem
• Completion of the south service road, guest parking lot, stairs to Cog Railway platform, boardwalk railing, Plaza-level boulders and landscaping, and fully operational lightning protection and building automated systems
• Completion of site orientation signage and areas of interest exhibits
• Completion of the U.S. Army-funded High Altitude Research Laboratory
Read the full 2020 year in review here… https://coloradosprings.gov/sites/default/files/inline-images/20bprf117_ppsc_17x11_year_in_review-fnl-singlecrops.pdf