< previous project next project >
Originally constructed in 1903 with an additional bulding constructed on the campus in 1966, the Helen Hunt Elementary School permanently closed its doors in May of 2016. Shortly after, the John E. and Margaret L. Lane Foundation purchased the property for $1 from Colorado Springs School District 11 with the promise to commit $2 million to renovate the property and turn it into a nonprofit campus that will benefit the entire inner-city neighborhood.
This 25,000 SF campus is being transformed into affordable homes for a medical clinic, and a mix of nonprofit users, including a daycare. There will be four nonprofit organizations housed on the campus including the following:
Currently under construction, the remodeling of individual spaces is slated to be completed by the end of November, with occupancy of the building to begin in December 2017.